1. How And When We Collect Your Personal Information
Like many site operators, we collect and process your Personal Information when you:
- visit our Site;
- purchase any of our products or services;
- contact our customer service centres or request information from us in any other way; and
- participate in our customer satisfaction surveys and market research.
2. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We may collect and process the following Personal Information about you which you provide:
- contact details (such as your name, address, email address and telephone number);
- demographic information (such as age and/or other information that may identify you as an individual);
- password and other authentication information;
- responses to any customer satisfaction surveys or market research (unless these are provided anonymously); and
- your marketing preferences.
We will also collect and store your purchase history. If you contact us with a complaint or query, we may keep a record of any phone number used to call our customer service number as well as the correspondence and the period of time it took for us to deal with a query or any request you had. We may also record your levels of satisfaction with the services we have provided. When you visit our Site we may also collect information from you automatically, for example using cookies and other similar technologies. Please see the Cookies section below for more information on cookies.
With your permission, we may send you emails about our Site and other news. When you provide us with Personal Information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting this Personal Information and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your Personal Information for any other reason, such as marketing, we will either ask you directly for your consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
Should you change your mind after you’ve opted in, you may easily withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information, at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe button in our newsletters, or by contacting us directly at: email@example.com.
When you visit our Site, we may also collect Personal Information from you automatically, for example by using cookies and other similar technologies. Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies help us to analyse the data about web page traffic, and help us to improve our Site. Cookies do not give us access to your computer or any information about you other than what you choose to share with us.
This type of information may include: Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, your login information, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
The cookies we use fall into the following categories:
- Session cookies: These allow the Site to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Persistent cookies: These are stored on your device in between browser sessions. They allow your preferences or actions across the Site to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate the Site and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our Site, e.g. which pages you go to most often.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the Site to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third parties’ cookies to report usage statistics of the service and deliver advertisements on and through the service. For example, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze data. The information is used to improve our Site or products. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage. To opt out of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site, you can download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available via this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
What are your choices regarding cookies
5. Purposes For Processing Your Personal Information
We may process your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the information and services you have requested and send you marketing and advertising materials;
- to authenticate your access to our Site;
- for system administration purposes and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to distinguish you from other users (for example to remember your log-in details);
- to monitor your use of our Site to improve the user experience and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to provide customer support and ensure we provide a good level of customer service;
- to tailor any marketing or advertising so that it is more relevant to you;
- to notify you of any changes to our services;
- for security and fraud prevention;
- to ensure that our Site is safe and secure; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You must keep your password and any other authentication information for our Site confidential. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your password or any other authentication information, you must promptly notify us using the contact details below.
7. Legal Basis For Processing Your Personal Information
We will only process your Personal Information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and use your Personal Information. In almost every case the legal basis will be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive certain marketing from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time, including by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you.
- Our legitimate business interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, promote our services and operate effectively as a digital out-of-home sector services provider, provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your privacy and other rights.
- Performance of a contract with you (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you): For example, where you have purchased a product/service from us and we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to process your order and send the product to you.
- Compliance with law: Where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your Personal Information in order to comply with that obligation.
8. Where We Store Your Personal Information
The Personal Information that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA or the UK, including countries, which have less strict, or no data protection laws, when compared to those in the EEA or the UK.
Whenever we transfer your information as described in the paragraph above, we will take steps which are reasonably necessary to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Information and to make sure it is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice. In these cases, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms (such as standard contractual clauses) to ensure your information is subject to adequate safeguards in the recipient country. If you are located in the UK or the EEA, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your Personal Information and privacy rights in these circumstances.
9. How We Keep Your Personal Information
We take steps to ensure that the Personal Information that you provide is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised. For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
Where we have collected the Personal Information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will delete your Personal Information. However, please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
10. Disclosing Your Information
We may share your Personal Information with our suppliers, business partners and service providers, where they are helping us to market and advertise our services as well as providing our services to you. These include, without limitation Google Analytics, as described above.
We may disclose your Personal Information to other third parties in the following cases:
- for the purposes of research, evaluation, and analysis;
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by us about our customers and visitors to our Site will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of us or our users, or others, and in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
11. Your Rights
You have certain rights in relation to your Personal Information. These include: the right to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes, the right to access your Personal Information, and the ability to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your Personal Information.
We will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law and any relevant legal exemptions. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact details below.
You may also have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you think we have processed your Personal Information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you have such concerns we request that you initially contact us (using the contact details below) so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites and services such as our business partners and advertisers. If you follow a link to any of these websites and/or services, please note that they have their own privacy notices and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. Please check any such third party privacy notices before you submit any Personal Information to these websites or services.
12. Changes To This Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update or change our Privacy Notice at any time and you should check this Privacy Notice periodically. The new privacy notice will be displayed on the Site. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you either through the email address you have provided us, or by placing a prominent notice on our Site.
13. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Our registered offices are located at: Spitalfields House, Stirling Way, Borehamwood, Herts, England, WD6 2FX.